Admitted doctoral students receive up to five years of guaranteed financial support, including a stipend, tuition remission, a health services fee, and health and dental insurance subsidies as well as four summers of support. This financial support applies to domestic and foreign students.
PhD applicants receive automatic consideration for Brown fellowships; no additional application required.
After you enroll at Brown, you are eligible to apply for additional funding opportunities, including:
- Conference travel funding from the Graduate School for students presenting at academic conferences.
- Doctoral students who present original work at academic conferences can request up to $400 in support from the School of Public Health. These funds are intended to cover related travel expenses not covered by the Graduate School.
- Graduate Student Council stipends for conference and dissertation/field work related travel expenses.
- Doctoral Research Travel Grants/Awards
- International Travel Funds
- Global Mobility Research Fellowship
- Special awards such as the Nora Kahn Piore Award for Health Services Scholars.